Cameron Purdy, B.Kin is located in our Sport & Rehab Clinic, Unit #104
Cameron Purdy, B.Kin
Cameron graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of the Fraser Valley in 2019. He is a practicing member with the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK) and the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance (CKA).
Cameron's interests surround active rehabilitation, injury prevention, and performance training. He believes in the benefit of teaching proper functional movements and applies these principles to patients and athletes alike.
Cameron believes every individual should have a rehab program tailored to their unique injuries and goals. He is always expanding his knowledge and skill set by continually pursuing higher education and collaborating with other health care professionals.
When not at work, Cameron enjoys to spend his time hiking, playing recreational sports, and attending live music.
What is Kinesiology?
A Kinesiologist is an expert in the study of human movement, performance and function. Kinesiologists work with people of all ages and physical abilities. Clientele may include those injured in motor vehicle accidents, seniors and the elderly, athletes, individuals with neurological or cardiovascular disorders and anybody looking to improve their physical health and wellness.
What Can Your Kinesiologist Help With ?
Kinesiologist are specialized in the following services:
- Assessment and rehabilitation of physical injuries sustained in automobile accidents, sport and other life activities.
- Improving general fitness, sport performance, athletic training and general issues related to a person’s physical well being.
- Exercise and lifestyle changes to enhance the lives of those suffering from chronic disease or physical and neurological diseases.
What will a typical session look like?
Once you book a session you will be emailed an intake form to complete that will go over your ailments and outcome goals. Your first visit will be your INITIAL VISIT (ASSESSMENT):
- Your Kinesiologist will discuss your reasons for being there and review your medical history with you.
- Together you will work to determine what your goals are and what you would like to achieve from the treatment.
- The Kinesiologist will then perform a Functional Movement Assessment and evaluate your posture and biomechanics.(how you move).
- Based on the findings, an exercise program will be created tailored specifically to your individual functional ability and goals.
- At the end of your first section there will be an educational component detailing why each exercise is chosen, and how it helps you reach your goals.
- During a subsequent visit, you will demonstrate and perform the exercises from your program with the Kinesiologist. This will allow the Kinesiologist to either adapt or modify exercises within the program so that you can maximize your progress.
- Suggested Treatment Period: Depending on the nature of your ailment or unique goals, treatment plans can vary in frequency and duration. Generally speaking, it is recommended to come 1-2 times per week for a 4-6 week period in order to develop the skills to carry on and progress your exercise program on your own.
Services Offered By Cameron Purdy Include:
- Post MVA Active Rehab
- Biomechanical & Postural Assessments
- Range of Motion & Flexibility Training
- Muscle Building & Toning
- Weight Loss
- Cardio improvement
- Sport Specific Training
- Nutritional Advice
- Soft Tissue Release
- Fall Prevention